Successful stress management tools are just what couples need in this tumultuous climate. A crisis like what we are having right now in the financial markets is hard on every one. The uncertainty of knowing how long it will last and what the impact will be on ones family places additional stress on couples. Here are ten tips that will help in managing stress.
1. This is a time to put other things aside and concentrate on how to get through this crisis.
2. Stay away from blame and criticism. It will keep you in the past. There is always plenty of reason to say: if only you had done that we would not be in this situation. That kind of thinking is judgmental and only relevant because the situation has changed. The reality is that it is too late to undo what has already happened.
4. Live in the present. This is the only place where you can find solutions.
5. Take time to clarify your individual values with each other. You may well find that some things matter more to one or the other.
6. Take your individual values into consideration and then decide what matters to both of you. This becomes the foundation for coming up with solutions.
7. A crisis can bring a couple closer together or it can drive them apart if they cannot agree on what is important.
8. It is too stressful to work on cross purposes. If you find yourself in that situation go back to the drawing board and start over by identifying what both of you can support.
9. Some of the decisions you may have to make may be painful but if you have each others’ support it can be an opportunity for growth as a couple.
10. Keep a “we will get through this” attitude. By having a positive attitude you will find solutions for your unique situation.
For more tips for strengthening your coping skills and tools on enhancing your relationship please visit: http://www.GrowWithKristina.com and http://www.kristinavonr.com by relationship expert Kristina von Rosenvinge