2007 is winding down and 2008 will be here with new beginnings. I have always loved new beginnings – the first day of school when everything is new and un-scribbled on; a new job; new friends; a new house – We get so many new starts on a regular basis – a new day every day, a new week, a new month, a new year.
But the only time we really live is in the moment. Now.
�We have been reading and thinking about resolutions – what we really want or want to accomplish in 2008. We have read about our goals for self improvement and the�things we want to change so we like ourselves more and enjoy life to the maximum.
So I want to end the year with some random thoughts about self improvement:
- We do the best we can with the awareness we have at the moment. Our awareness will change and we will realize we made a mistake – maybe a big one – but we still did the best we could do with our awareness at that moment. So cut yourself some slack. forgive yourself your mistakes in 2007 and prior to 2007. You growth will lead to new awareness. You are human and will continue to make mistakes – so continue the process of self forgiveness.
- Withoug mistakes there is little learning and slow personal growth.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Yes, there is small stuff. When you feel yourself beginning to get stressed, take a deep breath and determine if it’s worth it – is this small stuff or big stuff?
- Go with the flow as much as you can. Take a stand when you need to but everything doesn’t require a command performance and all out effort.
- Find things to enjoy in the every day nuances of life. There is so much to appreciate if you take a good look.
- Take care of yourself. Many of us have been taught to take care of everyone else first. This year, see what it’s like to put yourself first – you’ll most likely find that you are much more able to help others when you take care of you first.
- Take time to sort out what you believe from what you were told you must believe.
- You are equipped with a wonderful guidance system – pay attention to your feelings, your intuition and your own sense of what is right for you.
- Life is meant to be lived in joy. What is your joy quotient?
- Everyone is different. We were not designed to be just like everyone else. Celebrate the differences.
- The new year brings a clean slate. What are you going to write on yours?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!