Quotes About Strength
In the middle of this pandemic, we need strength, and sometimes quotes about strength can keep us going.
Strength can either be a subtle thing happening or come on with all the force you can muster.
Often times, we don’t really know how much strength we have. Until the very day where we HAVE to show up with it.
It is something that can be triggered from without. But cultivated within.
The ability to be the rock for ourselves and maybe many others.
Fighting, clawing, and pushing our way out. And ultimately to the top. Breaking through ice. Surviving. Then ultimately thriving because of it.
And once we see how strong we really are, there is no going back. There is no faking a false identity anymore. The ego has been exposed. We do away with learned helplessness.
We rise up like the phoenix, out of the ashes. Much more strong and transformed. Spiritually renewed.
Our consciousness has expanded now, to new dimensions. And once that has happened, we can never truly go back. To know the truth is to set you free.
Below are 113 strength quotes that show us what strength is. The ins and outs of the term. Quoted by some of the greatest and strongest minds ever to live.
Enjoy my friend.
Quotes About Strength
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Take a deep breath, you will be fine. Where you are meant to be, you will be in time.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.” – Demi Lovato
- “Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Fredrick Douglass
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Rikki Rogers
- “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Life is tough my darling, and so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett Henry
- “Calm mind brings inner strength, and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain.” – Emil Dorian
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.”
- “Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indominable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “What we face may look insurmountable, but what I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Silence is a source of great strength.” – Lao Tzu
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
- “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of, not the circumstances.”
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence, by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Strength is letting go, when you want to hold one. Courage is moving forward when you fear what’s ahead. Wisdom is listening, when you want to be heard.”- Phylis Amett
- “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have came. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won and all the fears you have overcome.” – Unknown
- “Maybe isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it.”
- “Leap and the net will appear.” – Victoria Primicias
- “Be patient and tough, someday this pain will be useful to you.” – Ovid
- “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Anonymous
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho
- “It all begins with you. If you do not care for yourself, you will not be strong enough to take care of anything in life.” – Leon Brown
- “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “My darkest day made me strong. Or maybe I was strong and the made me prove it.”- Emery Lord
- “Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health.” – Carl Jung
- “Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible.” – Mao Zedong
- “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.” – Anonymous
- “You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional, let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to forget is the happiest.”
- “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”- Joshua 1:9
- “You are stronger than you seem, braver than you believe, and smarter than you think you are.”
- “Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.” – St. Frances De Sales
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.”
- “My strength did not come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up when I was knocked down.” – Bob Moore
- “I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.”
- “I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry and accept an apology I never received.”
- “She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” – Proverbs 31:25
- “Be strong, because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Unknown
- “Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems.” – Paul Meyers
- “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities, strong men make them.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “Some people don’t like you because your strength reminds them of their weakness. Don’t let the hate slow you down.” -Thema Davis
- “Promise to be strong, that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best.”
- “Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.”
- “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” – Anonymous
- “If my strength intimidates you, I hope you realize that’s a weakness of yours.”
- “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back, because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.”- Susan Gale
- “True strength is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
- “I am strong, because I know my weaknesses. I am beautiful because I am aware of my flaws. I am fearless because I learned to recognize illusion from reality. I am wise because I learn from my mistakes. I am a lover because I have felt hate and I can laugh because I have known sadness.”
- “Have the courage to make the change, the strength to see you through it, and faith that everything will turn out for the best.”
- “Make sure you don’t see yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth, even if they don’t.”
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “I look up to the mountains. Does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God. Who made heaven and earth and mountains. He won’t let you stumble. Your guardian God won’t fall asleep. Not on your life. Israel’s Guardian will never doze nor sleep. God’s your guardian, right at your side to protect you. Shielding you from sunstroke, sheltering you from moonstroke. God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return. He guards you now, he guards you always. – Psalm 121:1:8
- “Strength doesn’t necessarily come from resisting fear, weakness, or any other feeling and overcoming it. Strength comes from looking at those things straight on and accepting them as they really are.” – Kat Von D
- “I am strong because I have been weak. I am fearless because I’ve been afraid. I am wise because I have been foolish.”
- “Difficulties are mean’t to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” -William Ellery Channing
- “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.”
- “When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.”
- “Fail seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “We don’t grow when things are easy. We grow when we face challenges.”
- “Stay positive, even when it feels like your life is falling apart.”
- “Often what hurts the most is what grows you the most.”
- “Strength isn’t about how much you can handle before you break, it’s about how much you can handle after you break.” – Unknown
- “I will win, not immediately but definitely.”
- “My family is my strength and my weakness.” – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- “Never think you are weak if you cry. Every tear is replaced with wisdom and strength.” – Bryant McGill
- “Man says, show me and I’ll trust you. God says, trust me and I’ll show you.” – Psalm 126:6
- “Courage is not having the strength to go one. It is going on when you don’t have the strength.”
- “This is the year I will be braver, kinder and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce.”
- “Grow through what you go through.”
- “At the end of the day, all you need is hope and strength. Hope that it will get better, and strength to hold on until it does.”
- “God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God things I am a bad-ass.”
- “The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.”
- “What a beautiful ting it is to be able to stand tall and say, I fell apart but I survived.”
- “Stay strong, make them wonder how you are still smiling.”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “You find yourself through adversity. The things that hurt us most today make us stronger tomorrow.” – Ronald Paul Pratt
- “I’ve never met a stronger person with an easy past.” – Atticus
- “F.E.A.R. has two meanings. Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything and Rise. The choice is yours.”
- “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.”
- “When destiny calls, you’ve got to be strong. I may not be with you, but you’ve got to move on.” – Phil Collins
- “Whatever you’re going through, Go will not only bring you through it, but he will make you even stronger.”
- “Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.”
- “Whatever you are facing right now, God is present in your struggle, Ready to hold you and support you, ready to lift you out of the mud. Turn to Him, rest in Him, trust Him.” – Mark Brown
- “Strength: A river cuts through a rock not because of it’s power, but it’s persistence.”
- “I have been fighting since I was a child. I a not a survivor, I am a warrior.”
- “Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive.”
- “I have endured, I have been broken, I have known hardship, I have lost myself. But here I stand, still moving forward. growing stronger each day. I will never forget the hard lessons in my life. They made me stronger.”
- “Put your head up.” He said. For you are a lion. Don’t forget that and neither will the sheep.” – Atticus
- “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call failure, is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickfordd
Conclusion To Quotes About Strength
There it is my friend. 113 of the most powerful strength quotes of all time.
I hope you enjoyed the list. And I also truly hope it is exactly what you needed right now.
That it gives you realization, through reading them, that you have all the strength you need. To overcome any obstacle. Absolutely obliterate it. And come out stronger and more evolved in ever.
I believe in you!
About the Author
My name is Chris Cucchiara and I am a personal development blogger. I have read over 150 personal development books. Hoping, with each completion, that I will gain more knowledge to offer to my audience. I believe that we are all born to win, engineered for success. And once we realize it, we will transcend our small self, forever pursuing and attaining our greatness.