Self Assessment Test – How Healthy are You?
Without good health, achieving your goals will be difficult, if not impossible. Now that’s not to say that you can’t have a handicap and be successful. What we are talking about is being in good health, free of illness and having enough energy get through the day.
We are not talking about the fitness level of a Lance Armstrong or Serena Williams. Striving for that level of health and physical conditioning is a full time job. Rather what we are doing is measuring your current level of fitness. Later at the “Bike Shop” we will look at ways to “tune up” your health.
Note: The following ratings and comments are not meant to replace a doctor or health care professional. These are not meant to be a scientific/medical examination. This rating is simply a way to help you see where you are now. Obviously any serious physical or mental health problem needs immediate attention. See your physician before starting any fitness program!
This guide is not a substitute for professional advice or treatment. Before starting any physical training see your doctor.
Here are the questions:
1. Do you feel tried all the time? Are you frequently sick? Have trouble sleeping? Struggle to stay awake at work? Are you maxed out on sick days? Never exercise?, Are you 20 or more pounds overweight?, smoke?, drink 2 or more alcoholic drinks a day? Give yourself a 1.
2. Are you frequently tried would rather sit and watch TV than go for a walk? Find yourself complaining about being out of breath when climbing the stairs? Are you 10 pounds or more overweight? Are you trying to quit smoking or limit your drinking? Give yourself a 2.
3. Do you sometimes find yourself tired and lacking the energy or desire to do things that you once enjoyed doing? Do you wish you had more get up and go? Do you occasionally start an exercise program but quit because you don’t have the time, energy or commitment? Are you a little overweight? Give yourself a 3.
4. Do you generally have enough energy to get through the day? Do you exercise 2-3 days a week? Watch your diet and maintain a healthy body weight? Are you a non smoker? Rarely drink? Good for you! Give yourself a 4.
5. Are you in excellent health? Feel energetic most of the time? Rarely take a sick day. Have energy to get though the work day and enough left over to play with the kids or go to the gym? Do you engage in strenuous exercise or sport 4-5 times a week? Maintain an optimum weight, eat a healthy diet and avoid alcohol? Terrific you are a 5!
How did you do? You know we all want to be healthy, attractive and energetic. People who are seem to be more successful, happy and balanced. People are naturally attracted to them. They seem to radiate an aura of positive energy.
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of people who are not willing to invest in themselves. They will not take 30 minutes a day to exercise. They will not eat right, preferring to eat a bag of chips or grab a donut and coffee at Wawa’s. These couch potatoes will think of all kinds of reason not to workout. What you have to decide is how bad do you want to be fit and healthy. Create a vision of yourself as a healthy, fit person. Set goals to start exercising and reduce the amount of junk food you eat. Start with small steps, but start now!
Start living your best life now! Download your FREE copy of “THE SCIENCE OF GETTING RICH” @ http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net/gifts/coachpete.html Visit http://www.onelifecoach4u.com and subscribe to our coaching ezine and receive valuable life changing tips and advice.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Pete_A_Turner