Well, this may be a first! I’m almost speechless! Today I wanted to write about success. I’ve established a pattern on this blog of choosing a topic, posting one or two articles by other authors on that same topic, and then writing my own – in agreement or opposition. I always know beforehand what I want to write so I don’t look to the articles I use for anything except additional information or a different point of view. Well, after reading the two articles posted below: How Successful People Improve their Efficiency, Creativity and Productivity by by Nickolove Lovemore and Wealth is Not Measured in Millions by Silke Rehman I have little left to say. They said it already and said it very, very well.
O.K. I’ll wait while you read their articles. When you finish, come back.
(THIS IS A PAUSE WHILE YOU READ THE ARTICLES POSTED BELOW THIS ONE OR FOLLOW THE LINKS TO THEIR ORIGINAL POSTING)
So now my questions for you are (and you might want to sit quietly and reflect on a few of these):
- What do you LOVE to do? How can you make a living doing it? (Don’t tell me you can’t. Get creative and figure it out.)
- What do you love to do when you play? Who do you like to play with?
- What does read freedom look like to you? What would it feel like to be free?
- What would you need to change, if anything, to be truly free?
- Would you have to let go of preconceived ideas?
- Would you have to drop anger, bitterness, negative thinking, judgment etc?
- If you were truly free then would you have low self-esteem and all those other self-limiting beliefs or could you shed them once and for all?
- What is your vision? Do you have one or do you just let life “happen” to you?
When you have this figured out, let me know! I invite your comments, arguments, and whatever you have to say. Let me hear from you about your ideas regarding success and freedom.