What Makes Me Unique? Five Areas to Explore
Understanding what makes you unique is an incredibly valuable thing to know that will help you on your journey to being authentically who you are and making a difference for others. To understand more about what makes you so unique, I invite you to take an adventurous journey to know yourself. There are many places on your journey where you will want to stop and explore. These places are your self-awareness destinations and will help you to know more about where you are going. As you continue along this journey, you will begin to experience an increased sense of meaning and purpose in your life along with a greater appreciation of yourself for the incredibly unique person that you are.
Here are five areas to explore on your self-discovery journey to uncovering your uniqueness.
1. Gifts and Talents – We all have unique gifts and talents. A lot of these we were born with and others we developed. To know your gifts and special talents you need to look at what you do well. Ask yourself, “What is that I can do easily that others find difficult?” Your gifts and talents will come so natural to you and sometimes this is why we don’t recognize them. Pay attention to what others tell you that you do well. Notice what they compliment you on and you will soon start to recognize and claim your gifts and talents.
2. Values – Our values are the things in our life that are most important to us. Values represent what we stand for and what matters to us; they are the principles by which you live your life. To determine your values look at where you spend most of your time and what you spend your money on. What do these things represent to you? Our values present themselves when we are faced with tough decisions. Think about a decision you recently made when you had to choose between one thing or the other. Why did you make that decision? What value did that decision represent?
3. Passions – You know your passions when you know what you LOVE. What brings you joy just thinking about it? What do you love to spend your time doing? Look at your book collection and see what most the books you love to read are about. Also feel into what makes you come most alive? Your passions invigorate you with feelings of excitement and joy.
4. Life Experiences – You have a unique life experiences that contribute to you being the incredible individual that you are. Look back at your life from where you grew up to the people you have met and the places you have gone and all that you have experienced, and see that all those events have been part of your unique life path.
5. Special Knowledge – There are some things that you have a greater insight to than others. What have you studied for a long time? What about any training? This knowledge is part of unique gift you bring to the world.
The journey to discover your uniqueness will open you to a new awareness of yourself. When you have a clear picture of what makes you unique then you can better understand how you can contribute to others around you. You begin to understand your unique place in the world and your purpose is revealed.
Tracy Warren helps heart-centered professionals to know and express their unique essence and make a meaningful contribution through their work. Find out more about how to discover your uniqueness and create a fulfilling life’s work that expresses your soul at: http://www.soulality.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tracy_Warren